‘Ello from San Antonio!


I’m back!

After a whirlwind of a week, I’m finally home from my work trip to San Antonio. There is nothing better than coming home from a long flight and snuggling up in bed.

Because I’m still recovering, this will be a short post.

I was in San Antonio for work for the past week. I flew out there on Tuesday and had a late-night flight back Friday.

imageWhile I was there, I was mainly working. (Side note: This is the worst part about traveling for business. I feel like I never get enough time to play tourist). We stayed at the beautiful Marriott Rivercenter, where our conference was held. Although I was holed up in the hotel for most of my visit, I did get to see some of the city (including, quickly as I passed by in an Uber, the Alamo).

Every year, my company hosts a conference for our readers. Last year, it was in New Orleans. This year it was in San Antonio. So, after dashing off of the airplane on Tuesday, checking into our rooms and quickly changing, I headed off to a special dinner for some of our VIP attendees. We dined and networked right next to the river, which backs right up to the hotel.


The workday started bright and early Wednesday and lasted until 7 p.m., after our wine tasting event (which, I have to say, is one of the coolest things my company does). Afterwards I met up with some of my cross-country colleagues I don’t get to see very often for dinner at a super trendy and cool restaurant, Bliss. There, we nibbled on Japanese Hamachi sashimi tostadas, oyster sliders, seared sea scallops over grits, and topped it off with even more wine. It was blissful (get it, eh?).


Thursday was more of the same. After our conference’s Martini Madness event was over, I met up with some of the others on the editorial team and headed out to the Riverwalk, where we settled for a real-deal cowboy steak house. While it looked promising, and had lovely views of the Riverwalk, my filet was meh at best.


Friday was the last day of the conference, and after it finished up at noon we jet-setted out to the airport. After a quick connection in Dallas, we made back home to Philly super, super late (well, at least for this grandma). The entire week was a blur, but exciting nonetheless.

And around 2 a.m. I fell into bed, happy to be home and excited to check off yet another city on my bucket list.

P.S. When I arrived home, I had 2 packages on my bed — my ipsy and Glossybox for the month. Stay tuned for my take on October’s boxes! 


3 thoughts on “‘Ello from San Antonio!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s